Sacred Texts  Esoteric & Occult   Mysteries
Buy CD-ROM   Buy Books about UFOs
Index  Previous  Next 

USS Tiru UFO Sighting

                 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
     ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ *                                         * ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ
                 *    L I T E R A R Y   F R E E W A R E    *
                 *                                         *
                 *           F O U N D A T I O N           *
     ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ *                                         * ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ
                 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
                  -=ð P R O U D L Y  í  P R E S E N T S ð=-
 >> The question is often asked, why don't more military UFO
 witnesses come forward publicly, and provide names, dates
 and places? Surely they aren't REALLY intimidated by such
 empty threats as JANAP 146-E, which provides for hefty fines
 and jail sentences for breaking silence on a military UFO
 sighting. Surely they realize the scien- tific import of
 their sighting transcends any nationalist or mili- tary
 considerations. If more military witnesses don't come forth
 publicly, isn't it possible that there aren't really as many
 as hardcore ufologists would have us believe? Its a question
 I've often asked myself.
 ParaNet is deeply indebted to, and a little honored by, user Bill
 Cooper of Fullerton, California, for this, the first known report
 of a multiple military witness sighting that occurred onboard the
 submarine USS Tiru in 1966.
                               --Jim Speiser
 In 1966 during the month of the Rose Festival in the Pacific
  Northwest United States, the USS Tiru SS-416 left Pearl
  Harbor bound for Seattle Washington.  The sub moored to a
  civilian pier near the downtown Seattle area and thousands
  of people toured the sub during its stay in Seattle.  After
  its duty as "showboat" it proceeded to a back bay area
  where it underwent torpedo trials.  I believe the area was
  called dabob bay [pronounced day-bob] but I am not sure of
  the spelling.  I include the above information because it
  should be easy to research.  During the cruise from Pearl
  to Seattle five of the crew had a very unusual experience.
  During one late afternoon the sub was cruising on the
  surface at approx. 10 knots when the port lookout reported
  a strange contact at a range of 2 miles bearing 315 degrees
  relative.  The lookout refused to tell the OOD what it was
  that he had seen and instead insisted that the starboard
  lookout and the OOD both look at that area.  The three men
  looked through their binoculars toward the area reported
  and were astounded to see a metal craft larger than a
  football field tumble from the clouds into the ocean.  It
  actually tumbled end over end and when it hit the water and
  sank beneath the ocean huge geysers of water rose into the
  air.  When the port lookout was sure that the others had
  seen it he then told the OOD that he had seen it tumble
  from the ocean up into the clouds.  The OOD and the
  starboard lookout were speechless.  Within a few minutes,
  however, they all became excited when it again rose from
  the water and tumbled up into the cloud layer.  At about
  the same time a crew member below queried the bridge about
  a radar contact at the same range and bearing.  Sonar also
  reported strange echos.  The OOD called for the Captain to
  come to the bridge at that time. He also called for the
  camera to be sent to the bridge.  The Captain arrived on
  the bridge within 2 minutes and the Chief Quartermaster was
  right behind him with the camera. At about the same time
  the object emerged from the clouds and fell down into the
  ocean.  All five men witnessed this.  The QMC took pictures
  as it rose up into the clouds and then back down into the
  ocean once again.  The five men watched for quite a while
  longer but nothing else happened.  Soon the sub had moved
  out of visual range and the Captain told all witnesses that
  they were never to discuss what they had seen with anyone
  under any circumstances.  He stated that the incident was
  classified information.  The Captain then went below and
  sent a radio msg.  There was no doubt as to what we had
  seen.  It was a metal craft with machinery on and around
  the outside of it.  It appeared to have windows or lenses
  placed around its perimeter.  It made no noise that we
  could hear.  It did not disturb the subs electrical systems
  nor did it affect the gyro compass.  It looked very much
  like a round flying "ship" as in sea going ship.  It had
  the shape and form of a saucer with a bowl inverted in the
  saucer and it was huge.  I will never forget it as long as
  I live. When I first saw this craft I believe that my heart
  literally stopped beating and I was terrified.  The name of
  the OOD was Ensign Ball.  The starboard lookout was an
  American Indian seaman that the crew called Geronimo. The
  port lookout was a new man who left the sub soon after the
  return to Pearl Harbor and his name was Cooper.  I do not
  remember the Captain's name nor the Chief Quartermaster's
  name.  This is the first time I have ever mentioned it
  since the moment that the Captain told me that it was
  classified. As far as I know it has never been reported to
  the public before this instant.  It should be easy to
  verify the facts if you can get a copy of the log and/or
  contact the other witnesses.  The names should not be too
  hard to find in the ships records/logs.  I was the port
  lookout.  I must say that I feel a great uneasyness in
  posting this, much like the way I felt in Vietnam when my
  life was in great danger. 
 Press ENTER to continue:

Next: The Air Force, BlueBook and Dr. McDonald