The Grihya Sutras, Part 1 (SBE29), by Hermann Oldenberg, , at sacred-texts.com
1. When going to cross water, he performs the Svastyayana (ceremony for lucky progress).
2. He sacrifices thrice with his joined hands full of water into the waters, with the words, 'Adoration to the Sea, the child of the reed! Adoration to Varuna, the lord of righteousness! Adoration to all rivers!'
3. Murmuring, 'May Visvakarman, the father of them all, relish the food offered.'
4. Against the stream for flowing (waters); up into the air for standing ones.
5. Should he while crossing apprehend any danger, let him murmur the hymn of Vasishtha, 'The eldest of which is the sea' (Rig-veda VII, 49); this (will serve to him as) a boat.