The Grihya Sutras, Part 1 (SBE29), by Hermann Oldenberg, , at sacred-texts.com
1. Every day he shall respectfully salute his teacher,
2. And his Gurus,
3. A Srotriya when meeting him,
4. When he returns from a journey, (also) one who is not a Srotriya.
5 5. In the words, 'I am N.N., sir!' pronouncing his own name, crossing his hands (so as to seize with his right hand the right foot, and with his left hand the left of the other person).
6 6. (The person who has been thus saluted, in reply addressing him with his name,) 'N.N.!' and seizing his hands, pronounces a wish to him.
7. Let him not go to a sacrifice without being chosen (thereto).
8. And let him beware of (doing) wrong.
9. Let him not go to assemblies of people.
10 10. If he has come upon (such assemblies), let him not point out (anything evil) against (anybody).
11. He shall not be a reviler, nor slanderous, nor a wanderer from house to house, nor a prattler.
12. He shall not walk alone,
13. Nor naked,
14. Nor with veiled hands.
15. Gods-houses (he shall walk round) keeping the right side turned to them.
16 16. Let him not run.
17. Let him not spit.
18. Let him not scratch himself.
19. Let him not look on urine and excrements.
20. Let him sit with veiled head,
21. Not on the bare (ground),
22. If he has only one garment, suspending his sacrificial cord on his ear,
23. Not turning his face to the sun,
24. Nor his rump,
25. In the day-time with his face to the north, at night to the south.
26. He shall not (eject) phlegm into water, nor in the neighbourhood (of water).
27. He shall not climb up a tree.
28. He shall not look down into a well.
29. He shall not go to an execution-place,
30. And in no case to a cemetery.
31. Let him bathe day by day with his clothes on.
32. When he has bathed, let him put on another garment before he is dry.
125:5 12, 5. Nârâyana: 'As to how that respectful salutation (abhivâdana) should he performed, he says . . . with his own right hand he touches the right foot of the Âkârya or other person (whom he salutes), and with his left hand the left foot (comp. Manu II, 72) (and says), "I am N.N. (amukasarman) of the Gotra N.N., sir! I offer my respectful salutation!"'
125:6 'The Âkârya or other person seizes the hands of the saluting person,' &c. Nârâyana.
125:10 See Nârâyana's commentary, p. 154 of the German edition.
126:16 According to Nârâyana we should have to supply, 'while it is raining,' which is countenanced by a number of parallel texts, for instance, Âsv.-Grihya III, 9, 6.