1. 'I satiate the deities of the eastern gate, Agni, Pragâpati, Soma, Rudra, Aditi, Brihaspati, together with the lunar mansions, with the planets, with the days and nights, and with the Muhûrtas; Om, I also satiate the Vasus; 1
2. 'Om, I satiate the deities of the southern gate, the Pitris, Yama, Bhaga, Savitri, Tvashtri, Vâyu, Indrâgnî, together with the lunar mansions, with the planets, with the days and nights, and with the Muhûrtas; Om, I also satiate the Rudras.
3. 'Om, I satiate the deities of the western gate, Mitra, Indra, the Mahâpitris, the Waters, all the gods, Brahman, Vishnu, together with the lunar mansions, with the planets, with the days and nights, and with the Muhûrtas; Om, I also satiate the Âdityas.
4. 'Om, I satiate the deities of the northern gate, the Vasus, Varuna, Aga-ekapâd, Ahibudhnya, Ushas, the two Asvins, Yama, together with . . . . . .
5. 'Om, I satiate all the gods; the Sâdhyas; Brahman; Pragâpati; the four-faced god; Hiranyagarbha; Svayambhû; the male attendants of Brahman; Parameshthin; the female attendants of Brahman; Agni; Vâyu; Varuna; Sûrya; the moon; the lunar mansions; Sadyogâta; Bhûh-purusha; Bhuvah-purusha; Suvah-purusha; Bhûh; Bhuvah; Suvah; Mahah; Ganah; Tapah; Satya.
6. 'Om, I satiate the god Bhava; Sarva; Îsâna; Pasupati; Rudra; Ugra; Bhîmadeva; Mahâdeva; the wife of the god Bhava; of the god Sarva; of the god Îsâna; of the god Pasupati; of the god Rudra; of the god Ugra; of Bhîmadeva; of Mahâdeva; the son of Bhava; of Sarva; of Îsâna; of Pasupati; of
Rudra; of Ugra; of Bhîmadeva; of Mahâdeva; Om, I also satiate the Rudras, the attendants of Rudra.
7. 'Om, I satiate Vighna; Vinâyaka; Vîra; Sthûla; Varada; Hastimukha; Vakratunda; Ekadanta; Lambodara; the male attendants of Vighna; the female attendants of Vighna.
8. 'Om, I satiate Sanatkumâra; Skanda; Indra; Shashthî; Shanmukha; Visâkha; Mahâsena; Subrahmanya; the male attendants of Skanda; the female attendants of Skanda.
9. 'Om, I satiate Âditya; Soma; Aṅgâraka; Budha; Brihaspati; Sukra; Sanaiskara; Râhu; Ketu.
To. 'Om, I satiate Kesava; Nârâyana; Mâdhava; Govinda; Vishnu; Madhusûdana; Trivikrama; Vâmana; Srîdhara; Hrishîkesa; Padmanâbha; Dâmodara; the goddess Srî; the goddess Sarasvatî; Pushti; Tushti; Vishnu; Garutmat; the male attendants of Vishnu; the female attendants of Vishnu.
11. 'Om, I satiate Yama; Yamarâga; Dharma; Dharmarâga; Kâla; Nîla; Mrityu; Mrityuñgaya; Vaivasvata; Kitragupta; Audumbara; the male attendants of Vaivasvata; the female attendants of Vaivasvata.
12. 'Om, I satiate the gods of the earth; Kâsyapa; Antariksha; Vidyâ; Dhanvantari; the male attendants of Dhanvantari; the female attendants of Dhanvantari.'
13. Next, passing the sacrificial thread round the neck, (he offers the following libations):
14. 'Om, I satiate the Rishis; the great Rishis; the best Rishis; the Brahmarshis; the divine Rishis; the royal Rishis; the Srutarshis; the Seven Rishis;
the Rishis of the Kândas (of the Yagur-veda); the Rishikas; the wives of the Rishis; the sons of the Rishis; Kanva Baudhâyana; Âpastamba, the author of the Sûtra; Satyâshâdha Hiranyakesin; Vâgasaneyin Yâgñavalkya; Âsvalâyana Saunaka; Vyâsa; the syllable Om; the Vyâhritis; the Sâvitrî; the Gâyatrî; the Khandas; the Rig-vela; the Yagur-veda; the Sâma-veda; the Atharvâṅgirasa; the Itihâsa and Purâna; all the Vedas; the servants of all gods; all beings.'
15. Then, passing the sacrificial string over the right shoulder, (he offers the following libations):
252:1 9. This and the next Kandikâs are given in full by K. only. M. gives the first and last words of both, the commentary the p. 253 beginning of 9 and the end of 10 only. The text of K. is probably interpolated, as it seems impossible that Baudhâyana could have mentioned his successors, Âpastamba and Satyâshâdha Hiranyakesin, whose names occur below, II, 5, 9, 14. On the other hand, it is not doubtful that the number of Mantras must nevertheless have been very large, as the numeration in M. shows that they filled two entire Kandikâs.