21. And He commanded Noah to make him an ark, that he might save himself from the waters of the flood. 2 22. And Noah made the ark in all respects as He commanded him, in the twenty-seventh jubilee
24. And the Lord opened seven flood-gates 5 of heaven,
And the mouths of the fountains of the great deep, seven mouths in number.
25. And the flood-gates began to pour down water from the heaven forty days and forty nights,
And the fountains of the deep also sent up waters, until the whole world was full of water.
26. And the waters increased upon the earth
Fifteen cubits did the waters rise above all the high mountains, p. 60
And the ark was lift up above the earth,
And it moved upon the face of the waters. 1
27. And the water prevailed on the face of the earth five months-one hundred and fifty days. 2 28. And the ark went and rested on the top of Lûbâr, one of the mountains of Ararat. 3 29. And (on the new moon) in the fourth month the fountains of the great deep were closed and the flood-gates of heaven were restrained; and on the new moon of the seventh month all the mouths of the abysses of the earth were opened, and the water began to descend into the deep
59:2 Cf. Gen. vi. 14.
59:3 Cf. Gen. vii. 16.
59:4 Cf. Gen. vii. 11.
59:5 Cf. 1 Enoch lxxxix. 2. Note the recurrence of the number seven in these connexions.
60:1 For 24-26 cf. Gen. vii. 11, 12, 18, 20.
60:2 Cf. Gen. vii. 24, viii. 3.
60:3 Cf. Gen. viii. 4. Lubar is mentioned again in vii. 1, 17.
60:4 Cf. Gen. viii. 2; 1 Enoch lxxxix. 7.
60:5 Cf. Gen. viii. 5, 13.
60:6 According to Gen. viii. 14 it was the 27th day of the month.
60:7 Cf. Gen. viii. 19.