Sacred Texts  Esoteric & Occult   Mysteries
Buy CD-ROM   Buy Books about UFOs
Index  Previous  Next 

Whidbey Island UFO Report

                               ณ  ณ
                               ณ  ณ
                  บ   T R U S T   N O   O N E   บ
                               ณ  ณ
                               ณ  ณ
                             /      \               //======//
       ===\\                /        \             //     //
           \\              /          \           //====//
          ==\\            +------------+              ///
 Things to beware of in 1997:
 Slow phasing out of the Constitution in favor of 'New World Order'
 ideals and 'One World Goverment' regime.
      After a thorough investigation of all pertinent facts, the 
 UFO sighting reported by Dan MacIndoe of Oak Harbor on January 
 21st, 1988 has been classified as a true "unknown".  The Mutual 
 UFO Network (MUFON)--a civilian organization of trained 
 professionals that investigates UFO reports--has ruled out all 
 possible conventional explanations for the object seen by Mr. 
 MacIndoe, his wife, mother, mother-in-law and father-in-law, and 
 three-year-old daughter.
      Dan MacIndoe, age 32, an ex-Navy lieutenant with seven 
 years military service in the field of aviation 
 supply--including work assignments with the Navy's prestigious 
 Blue Angels squadron--was rated as an exceptionally credible 
 witness by the MUFON organization.
      The UFO encounter began at 10:45 p.m. on the night of 
 January 21st at the MacIndoe home not far from the Whidbey 
 Island Naval Air Station.  Flight operations at Whidbey NAS had 
 by that time been over for 15 minutes, with the last plane 
 reported "on the deck" at 10:30 p.m.
      The UFO was first observed by Cornelia MacIndoe, age 72, 
 Dan MacIndoe's mother, who sighted a bright, orange-yellow 
 stationary light in the southern sky when she went outside to 
 smoke a cigarette.  She called the entire family's attention to 
 the object, and together they watched as the UFO shot straight 
 up for approximately 3 degrees of arc from a position 25 degrees 
 above the horizon in the direction of the Naval Air Station.  
 The object then abruptly stopped, made a sharp right-angle turn 
 in the horizontal direction and came straight towards them.
      According to MacIndoe's account, the object covered a 
 distance of one and a half miles in approximately 3 seconds.  As 
 the UFO approached the house it seemed to slow, taking 
 approximately 15 seconds to slowly drift directly over the heads 
 of the five adult witnesses and child.  It disappeared from view 
 as it travelled in a straight path to the NNE, passing behind 
 some tall fir trees behind the MacIndoe house.
      While the object was passing overhead Dan MacIndoe was able 
 to observe the object through a 135 mm telephoto lens, and was 
 also able to determine that there was no sound associated with 
 its flight.  Mr. MacIndoe described the shape of the underside 
 of the object as that of "a perfect circle."
      "The lights were blueish-white in nature and I estimate 15 
 lights spanned the circumference of the circle.  All remained on 
 forming a circle of 'running lights'.  The lights would pulse 
 brighter in sequence, I believe going in a clockwise direction," 
 Dan MacIndoe reported.
      He went on to say, "...during the event winds were calm, 
 there were scattered clouds in the vicinity.  We live in a rural 
 area.  There were no sounds.  During the entire episode none of 
 us heard the usual prop or jet noise associated with military 
 aircraft using the airfield.  At the time the object was 
 directly overhead I asked my family for complete silence to 
 listen for engine noise.  There was absolute silence."
      According to Dr. Donald Johnson, Washington State Director 
 for MUFON, a combination of factors were sufficient to rule out 
 all mundane explanations for the sighting.  "The fact that this 
 overflight occurred in restricted military airspace, together 
 with the testimony of multiple witnesses, the complete lack of 
 sound, the observation of the unusual lighting pattern on the 
 object seen through magnification, and the lack of wind combine 
 to provide sufficient information to classify this case as an 
      "In other words, there is little possibility that the 
 object the MacIndoes and others reported seeing that night was a 
 satellite, balloon, commercial or military airplane or 
 helicopter, or astronomical body."  The National Weather Service 
 and Whidbey NAS were called to confirm that there were no 
 weather balloons released at that time.  Additionally, several 
 of Mr. MacIndoe's Dugualla Bay neighbors and others from as far 
 away as Lake Washington, Edmonds, and Bellingham called him to 
 report that they had also witnessed unusual lights in the sky 
 that evening.
      Dr. Johnson reports that the field investigation has been 
 evaluated by the national headquarters as complete.  The 
 sighting was assigned a strangeness rating of four on a 
 five-point scale--labelled as "strange, does not conform to 
 known principles", and it also received a probability rating of 
 four on a five point scale--"credible and sound".

Next: Wright Patterson AFB : What's Going On There?