The Holy Quran, tr. by Yusuf Ali, , at sacred-texts.com
192. Wa-innahu latanzeelu rabbi alAAalameena
192. Verily this is a Revelation
From the Lord of the Worlds:
193. Nazala bihi alrroohu al-ameenu
193. With it came down
The Spirit of Faith and Truth—
194. AAala qalbika litakoona mina almunthireena
194. To thy heart and mind,
That thou mayest admonish
195. Bilisanin AAarabiyyin mubeenin
195. In the perspicuous
196. Wa-innahu lafee zuburi al-awwaleena
196. Without doubt it is (announced)
In the mystic Book
Of former peoples.
197. Awa lam yakun lahum ayatan an yaAAlamahu AAulamao banee isra-eela
197. Is it not a Sign
To them that the Learned
Of the Children of Israel
Knew it (as true)?
198. Walaw nazzalnahu AAala baAAdi al-aAAjameena
198. Had We revealed it
To any of the non Arabs,
199. Faqaraahu AAalayhim ma kanoo bihi mu/mineena
199. And had he recited it
To them, they would not
Have believed in it.
200. Kathalika salaknahu fee quloobi almujrimeena
200. Thus have We caused it
To enter the hearts
Of the Sinners.
201. La yu/minoona bihi hatta yarawoo alAAathaba al-aleema
201. They will not believe
In it until they see
The grievous Penalty;
202. Faya/tiyahum baghtatan wahum la yashAAuroona
202. But the (Penalty) will come
To them of a sudden,
While they preceive it not;
203. Fayaqooloo hal nahnu muntharoona
203. Then they will say:
"Shall we be respited?"
204. AfabiAAathabina yastaAAjiloona
204. Do they then ask
For Our Penalty to be
205. Afaraayta in mattaAAnahum sineena
205. Seest thou? If We do
Let them enjoy (this life)
For a few years,
206. Thumma jaahum ma kanoo yooAAadoona
206. Yet there comes to them
At length the (Punishment)
Which they were promised!
207. Ma aghna AAanhum ma kanoo yumattaAAoona
207. It will profit them not
That they enjoyed (this life)!
208. Wama ahlakna min qaryatin illa laha munthiroona
208. Never did We destroy
A population, but had
209. Thikra wama kunna thalimeena
209. By way of reminder;
And We never are unjust.
210. Wama tanazzalat bihi alshshayateenu
210. No evil ones have brought
Down this (Revelation):
211. Wama yanbaghee lahum wama yastateeAAoona
211. It would neither suit them
Nor would they be able
(To produce it).
212. Innahum AAani alssamAAi lamaAAzooloona
212. Indeed they have been removed
Far from even (a chance of)
213. Fala tadAAu maAAa Allahi ilahan akhara fatakoona mina almuAAaththabeena
213. So call not on any
Other god with God,
Or thou wilt be among
Those under the Penalty.
214. Waanthir AAasheerataka al-aqrabeena
214. And admonish thy nearest
215. Waikhfid janahaka limani ittabaAAaka mina almu/mineena
215. And lower thy wing
To the Believers who
216. Fa-in AAasawka faqul innee baree-on mimma taAAmaloona
216. Then if they disobey thee,
Say: "I am free (of responsibility)
For what ye do!"
217. Watawakkal AAala alAAazeezi alrraheemi
217. And put thy trust
On the Exalted in Might,
218. Allathee yaraka heena taqoomu
218. Who seeth thee standing
Forth (in prayer),
219. Wataqallubaka fee alssajideena
219. And thy movements among
Those who prostrate themselves.
220. Innahu huwa alssameeAAu alAAaleemu
220. For it is He
Who heareth and knoweth
221. Hal onabbi-okum AAala man tanazzalu alshshayateenu
221. Shall I inform you.
(O people!), on whom it is
That the evil ones descend?
222. Tanazzalu AAala kulli affakin atheemin
222. They descend on every
Lying, wicked person,
223. Yulqoona alssamAAa waaktharuhum kathiboona
223. (Into whose ears) they pour
Hearsay vanities, and most
Of them are liars.
224. WaalshshuAAarao yattabiAAuhumu alghawoona
224. And the Poets,—
It is those straying in Evil,
Who follow them:
225. Alam tara annahum fee kulli wadin yaheemoona
225. Seest thou not that they
Wander distracted in every
226. Waannahum yaqooloona ma la yafAAaloona
226. And that they say
What they practise not?—
227. Illa allatheena amanoo waAAamiloo alssalihati wathakaroo Allaha katheeran waintasaroo min baAAdi ma thulimoo wasayaAAlamu allatheena thalamoo ayya munqalabin yanqaliboona
227. Except those who believe,
Work righteousness, engage much
In the remembrance of God,
And defend themselves only after
They are unjustly attacked.
And soon will the unjust'
Assailants know what vicissitudes
Their affairs will take!