Atom-Smashing Power of Mind, by Charles Fillmore, , at sacred-texts.com
1. What great truth have our scientists revealed to man by breaking into the atom? Tell in your own words how both Elijah and Jesus used the same energy that was discovered by them.
2. Did Jesus claim to have the exclusive supernatural power that is usually credited to Him? Explain.
3. To what is the revival of the divine law of healing due? How may the sick be restored to life and health?
4. What have thought concentration and discovery of the dynamic character of the atom to do with prayer? Explain.
5. Of what is the six-day creation of the universe (described in Genesis) a story? Explain how the privileges of the superrealm are open to all.
6. What will be the next great achievement of science?
7. How is man to achieve immortal life?
8. What part does faith play in the transformation of man?
9. What does the latest discovery of science reveal? Explain fully.
10. What must come about before mankind can truly receive the beneficial and permanent uplift to be wrought by atomic energy?
THE RESTORATIVE POWER OF THE SPIRIT
1. Explain the spiritual import of Jesus' words "My Father worketh even until now, and I work."
2. What is the meaning of "I will be what I will be"?
3. In what sense is every man a king?
4. How does man's belief in his own inefficiency hinder his spiritual progress?
5. Why is a vegetarian diet inducive to a high state of spiritual unfoldment?
6. How does man become conscious of the guidance of Spirit?
7. It is possible for us to develop a radiant body temple?
8. In what state of existence is Jesus manifesting Himself today?
9. How does man save himself form unpleasant psychic or "spooky" experiences in the process of transmuting his body from the physical to the supersubstance state?
10. Give in your own words Charles Fillmore's account of the development of the radiant body within himself.
1. What is spiritual zeal?
2. While on his way to Damascus to persecute the Christians the zealous Saul's concept of religion went through a complete change. Explain fully.
3. Why should zeal be tempered with wisdom?
4. Why should man be obedient to Spirit? Explain.
5. Above all other Bible writers what important point did Paul emphasize?
6. What does prayer do for man?
7. Explain the outpouring of the dynamic power of Spirit as recorded in Acts 1 and 2.
8. Jesus said that he was the bread and substance that came down from heaven. When will our civilization begin to realize and appropriate this boundless substance and life?
9. What is the dominion that God gave man in the beginning? Explain.
10. In the economy of the future what will take place?
I AM OR SUPERCONSCIOUSNESS
1. Define superconsciousness.
2. Explain how Jesus externalized the superconsciousness, thus making it an abiding place for the race.
3. Explain the method by which Jesus evolved from sense to God consciousness.
4. How does man overcome all error beliefs?
5. Explain how the mind of man is built on Truth.
6. What great truth did Jesus prove by His resurrection and ascension?
7. What accomplishments are possible to man through the Holy Spirit?
8. Modern science reveals that imprisoned within the cells of man's body are electronic energies beyond possibility of estimate. Of what practical use is this knowledge to man today?
9. Can man free himself and others from the claim of materiality? Explain.
10. How is man loosed from all limiting thoughts and set free in the Christ consciousness?
THE DAY OF JUDGMENT
1. Define the term "Son of man."
2. When do we begin to pass judgment? Explain.
3. How do we separate our good thoughts from thoughts of disease, death, lack, and the like?
4. How do we handle our "goat" thoughts?
5. At what stage of unfoldment do we begin to have fine, discriminating judgment?
6. "Then shall the King say unto them on the right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." Who is the King? Explain.
7. How do we reap the benefit of all the good we have ever done or thought?
8. When is everything in Principle ours?
9. Explain how the body becomes full of light.
10. In this connection what is the work of the I AM?
THOU SHALT DECREE A THING
1. How does man fix an ideal in substance?
2. Define "the visible."
3. Since nothing is really lost, what becomes of the energy that is being released in the disintegration that is going on in the earth?
4. How may man develop a purer, sweeter body and a saner mind?
5. Explain how the destiny of the race is in the hands of man.
6. What will save the race from being destroyed?
7. Name at least three instances in the Bible where
marvelous results followed the blowing of trumpets used in the observance of religious rites.
8. Explain how these results were accomplished.
9. How does the trained metaphysician produce like results?
10. Explain how faith plays an important part in broadcasting messages of light to receptive minds.
THINKING IN THE FOURTH DIMENSION
1. Do the stupendous truths science is discovering today parallel the truths of the invisible side of life that Jesus taught? Explain.
2. It is necessary for man in the present day to develop a capacity for understanding in terms of the atomic structure of the universe? Give reasons for your answer.
3. Define Jesus' words "If any man hath ears to hear, let him hear."
4. In developing the inner ear we sometimes hear deceptive voices. How may this situation be handled scientifically?
5. Give your interpretation of these words of Jesus: "For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not, even that which he hath shall be taken away."
6. Should the discoveries of science be divorced from the kingdom of the heavens taught by Jesus? Explain.
7. Are the mysteries of the supermind open to all alike? What is the result?
8. Does man have power to dominate nature? Explain.
9. What is the great need of the whole human family?
10. Explain the need for a larger realization of the importance of man in manifesting God.
IS THIS GOD'S WORLD?
1. Is God responsible for all that occurs on this earth, and if not, how much?
2. "Thou makest him [man] to have dominion over the works of thy hands: Thou hast put all things under his feet." Explain the significance of these words of the Psalmist in relation to the atomic bomb.
3. Eventually how may our standard of living be vastly improved by the utilization of atomic forces?
4. Is it necessary today to give more attention to the refinement of the body temple?
5. Explain the difference between a prayer treatment given by an experienced spiritual healer and the shocks given by mechanical generators.
6. Is this God's world? Give reasons for your answer.
7. Is it possible to determine how many ages have passed since man lost contact with God? Explain.
8. Where is man's home?
9. What is the great and important issue before the people today?
10. What is the one and only way out of the chaos?
Demonstrating Christ Thought By Thought
1. What great truth do the "signs of the times" reveal?
2. How can fear and worry and other limitations be overcome?
3. How can we demonstrate a well body?
4. What is the one way to establish harmony in the home?
5. Explain why we should yield obediently to the transforming process of Spirit.
6. What parts do imagination and faith play in demonstration?
7. Is it necessary to live the Truth in order to demonstrate it? Explain.
8. Is there anything mysterious in being led by Spirit? Explain.
9. How are errors in the subconscious mind eliminated?
10. Define the phrase "body of Christ" in its threefold significance.
Truth Radiates Light
1. Define body temple and explain what is necessary in order to glorify the body.
2. In Exodus we read, "Let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them." Give the metaphysical meaning of this Scripture.
3. What does it mean to burn incense in the house of Jehovah?
4. What is the result when our mind is lifted up in prayer?
5. The Israelites did not go forward in the wilderness on days when the cloud remained over the Tabernacle but only when the cloud was lifted. Give the metaphysical meaning of this.
6. What is the first step in getting out of a mental cloud?
7. When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the Ten Commandments his countenance shone so brilliantly they had to put a veil over his face. Explain from a scientific viewpoint.
8. What effect do fervent words expressed in eloquent proclamations of spiritual Truth have upon man?
9. Do you consider the tendency on the part of metaphysicians to analyze scientifically these experiences sacrilegious? Give reason for your answer.
10. When the student searches for the science in religion and the religion in science what does he discover? Please amplify.
The Only Mind
1. Explain in your own language where ideas come from and in what realm they operate.
2. Can man analyze mind and understand its laws and modes of operation? Give reason for your answer.
3. On what plane alone can we know Truth in an absolute sense? Explain.
4. What relation do language and formulation bear to mind?
5. Explain the difference between intellectual knowledge and pure spiritual knowing.
6. Regardless of lack of technical education, what results when man gives his mind to the attention of the one Mind?
7. What is the great difference between what the
physical scientist calls "universal energy" and the metaphysician calls God-Mind?
8. Explain how man is a co-creator with God.
9. When man seeks the Father with an eye single to His guidance what is the result?
10. What is man's first step after he has learned spiritual obedience?
Contact With The Christ Mind
1. Is man consciously in intimate contact with the Holy Spirit? How may an understanding of Holy Spirit activity strengthen man's faith?
2. What is the meaning of the name El Shaddai?
3. Explain how the Holy Spirit in Divine Mind corresponds to man's thought in his mind.
4. How may we approach God with confidence; and what is the result?
5. Explain in your own words the relation of the universal or Jehovah-Mind to the personal or Christ Mind.
6. How may we get into conscious contact with the Christ Mind and demonstrate over sin, sickness, and death? Explain fully.
7. Jesus taught that the true way to demonstrate abundance is to be "rich toward God." Explain in your own words how this sure law of demonstration operates.
8. Why should human egotism be repressed? Explain fully.
9. How can man greatly accelerate the formation in him of the Christ Mind?
10. Give fully the origin of anger, revenge, fear, poverty, failure, and the like, and explain how these error conditions can be changed into love, courage, peace, prosperity, and success.
Metaphysics Of Shakespeare
1. Give in your own words an estimate of the true character of Shakespeare.
2. What do Shakespeare's writings reveal as regards his spiritual understanding?
3. Where would you look for the antecedents of Shakespeare? Give reasons for your answer.
4. Every soul has an untapped mine of knowledge in the subconscious mind, inspiration and rediscovery being the positive and negative poles of the mind. What was the relation of Shakespeare's thought to these sources of knowledge? Explain.
5. In Shakespeare's play "Julius Caesar" what is revealed by the two different interpretations of Calpurnia's dream?
6. In "Hamlet" Hamlet's father's ghost appears and gives a graphic description of how he had been murdered by the king. What does this reveal as to Shakespeare's thought?
7. Shakespeare did not teach religion but the facts of life as he saw them. Explain.
8. Although Shakespeare may not have applied the law of spiritual healing to himself, is there evidence that he perceived the possibility of such healing? Give reasons for your answer.
9. While Shakespeare was familiar with the superstitions of his age, did he usually point out the fallacies in them? Explain.
10. Does the genius displayed in Shakespeare's writings belong wholly to the men and women of his time or to all generations? Give reasons for your answer.
1. Define the Bible in terms of the subject presented in this chapter.
2. What is the paramount theme of the New Testament and in fact the veiled theme of the entire Bible?
3. According to the explanation given in this chapter, what is man? Does man really despise his body? Explain.
4. What is the body?
5. Is the belief that the resurrection of the body has to do with the getting of a new body after death founded on the principles of Truth? Give reasons for your answer.
6. Give explanation of Paul's words "When this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality . . . Death is swallowed up in victory."
7. How may men become a Christ in mind and in body?
8. Explain in your own words how a pattern of the perfect body is stamped in every soul and how this pattern may be brought into manifestation.
9. Explain how Jesus, who overcame death even in the body, is our normal standard.
10. How do we establish our ego, our I AM identity with Divine Mind, and step by step eliminate the old and put on the new?
1. Compare the way electricity operates on the physical plane with the way faith operates in the realm of mind.
2. Did Jesus require co-operation in faith on the part of those He healed in order to complete the healing circuit? Why is this necessary?
3. (a) When are speedy answers to prayer experienced?
(b) With whom does the fulfillment of the law rest?
4. (a) Did Jesus teach persistence in prayer? Explain.
(b) What is the teaching of Jesus about God's being the law as well as the Spirit?
5. Explain how ephemeral Caesars become world leaders today. Explain fully.
6. If the supermind ability is in every man, why is it not more widely understood and used?
7. When and how was the hypnotic spell of ecclesiastical authority broken, and how long was it in abeyance? Explain.
8. Explain in your own words the reformation of which we have today seen only the beginning.
9. Did Jesus teach the immortality of the body as well as of the soul? Explain.
10. Are there any incurable diseases? Explain fully.
The Seed Is The Word
1. In your own words explain Being in its twofold aspect.
2. What is the word of God?
3. Do "things" have causative power? Explain.
4. Define man and explain how he draws his substance from the infinite storehouse.
5. Give the metaphysical meaning of the statement "I am the door."
6. When man ceases to remember the source of his being what is the result?
7. Interpret Jesus' words "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
8. Is there any evidence that man is a miraculous creation? Explain.
9. Explain in your own words the statement that every idea is a seed and brings forth according to its character.
10. Man's mind is a garden, where he is in control and himself determines just what kind of seed words are to grow there. Elaborate.
The Resurrecting Power Of The Word
1. Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the promise. "As in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive." Explain.
2. Why is it difficult for man to realize that he can overcome the negative conditions called sickness and death?
3. What unalterable truth does the Easter lesson reveal to us?
4. When Jesus received His illumination and stepped forth as a teacher did He meet with any opposition? Explain.
5. If a demonstration of resurrection were to take place today, what would be the attitude of men in general?
6. Explain the difference between the astral or ghostly body of the dead and the resurrected body of Jesus.
7. How may we come into eternal life and save the body from the disintegrating effects of death?
8. What has right thinking to do with making the demonstration of eternal life? Explain.
9. (a) What are the two activities of the word mentioned in this chapter?
(b) What determines the measure of power possessed by our words?
10. Explain in your own language the meaning of the Scripture "If a man keep my word, he shall never taste of death."
1. What does the word "transfiguration" mean to you?
2. Do those who read the Scriptures merely as history understand the true meaning of "transfiguration"? Explain.
3. What is the real object of existence?
4. Explain how Jesus was lifted up on the mount of Transfiguration and how man may also be lifted up.
5. What is the result when one tries to live continually in the high state of realization and neglects to lift up soul and body?
6. On the mount Jesus spoke of His death which was to follow. Explain and give illustration.
7. Why is it that after the uplift that follows a strong spiritual realization one has to meet seeming errors of various kinds?
8. Is transfiguration as essential step in every forward movement of men and nations? Give reasons for your answer.
9. Has time any power over one who dwells in the mind of God? Explain fully.
10. (a) What does it mean when one dreams of being naked or partly clothed?
(b) What happens when the mind is adjusted to the divine law?
The End Of The Age
1. Throughout the ages all nations and all peoples have been looking for the coming of One clothed with the power of heaven. Explain this idea from a metaphysical standpoint.
2. Did Jesus understand the higher astronomy of past ages? What was his attitude toward it?
3. Is the accepted teaching of "the end of the world" founded on the Bible? Explain.
4. As the mentality of the race changes as evidenced in literature, science, and religion is there a corresponding growth in spiritual freedom? Give full explanation.
5. Explain how to hold fast to the Christ principles in order to retain mental balance during the present time, in which the race is changing its vibrations to a higher rate.
6. Who are the "children of God"? Who are the "sons of God"?
7. How do we enter into a fuller understanding of the spiritual laws lying back of the phenomena of existence?
8. Explain fully why we should not separate Jesus from the rest of the race but should look upon Him as our way-shower.
9. Give a scientific explanation of the second coming of the Son of man. Give reasons for your answer.
10. What does the great need in the world today of the Christ consciousness imply? Give reasons for your answer.