The Tarjuman al-Ashwaq, by Ibn al-Arabi, tr. Reynold A. Nicholson, , at sacred-texts.com
1. At the hill among the mountains of Zarúd are haughty lions, by the looks of lissome women
2. Overthrown, though they were bred in the carnage of war. What match are the lions for the black eyes?
3. The women's looks murdered them. How sweet are those looks from the daughters of kings!
1. 'Haughty lions,' i.e. aspiring and courageous hearts.
'Lissome women,' i.e. the Divine Ideas.
3. 'From the daughters of kings,' referring to Kor. liv, 55: 'In the presence of a puissant king.'