The Holy Quran, tr. by Yusuf Ali, , at sacred-texts.com
67. Waqala allatheena kafaroo a-itha kunna turaban waabaona a-inna lamukhrajoona
67. The Unbelievers say: "What!
When we become dust,
We and our fathers,—shall we
Really be raised (from the dead)?
68. Laqad wuAAidna hatha nahnu waabaona min qablu in hatha illa asateeru al-awwaleena
68. "It is true we were promised
This,—we and our fathers
Before (us): these are nothing
But tales of the ancients."
69. Qul seeroo fee al-ardi faonthuroo kayfa kana AAaqibatu almujrimeena
69. Say: "Go ye through the earth
And see what has been
The end of those guilty
70. Wala tahzan AAalayhim wala takun fee dayqin mimma yamkuroona
70. But grieve not over them,
Nor distress thyself
Because of their plots.
71. Wayaqooloona mata hatha alwaAAdu in kuntum sadiqeena
71. They also say: "When will
This promise (come to pass)?
(Say) if ye are truthful."
72. Qul AAasa an yakoona radifa lakum baAAdu allathee tastaAAjiloona
72. Say: "It may be that
Some of the events which
Ye wish to hasten on
May be (close) in your pursuit!"
73. Wa-inna rabbaka lathoo fadlin AAala alnnasi walakinna aktharahum la yashkuroona
73. But verily thy Lord is
Full of grace to mankind:
Yet most of them are ungrateful.
74. Wa-inna rabbaka layaAAlamu ma tukinnu sudooruhum wama yuAAlinoona
74. And verily thy Lord knoweth
All that their hearts do hide,
As well as all that
75. Wama min gha-ibatin fee alssama-i waal-ardi illa fee kitabin mubeenin
75. Nor is there aught
Of the Unseen, in heaven
Or earth, but is (recorded)
In a clear record.
76. Inna hatha alqur-ana yaqussu AAala banee isra-eela akthara allathee hum feehi yakhtalifoona
76. Verily this Qur-ān doth explain
To the Children of Israel
Most of the matters
In which they disagree.
77. Wa-innahu lahudan warahmatun lilmu/mineena
77. And it certainly is
A Guide and a Mercy
To those who believe.
78. Inna rabbaka yaqdee baynahum bihukmihi wahuwa alAAazeezu alAAaleemu
78. Verily thy Lord will decide
Between them by His Decree:
And He is Exalted in Might,
79. Fatawakkal AAala Allahi innaka AAala alhaqqi almubeeni
79. So put thy trust in God:
For thou art on (the Path
Of) manifest Truth.
80. Innaka la tusmiAAu almawta wala tusmiAAu alssumma aldduAAaa itha wallaw mudbireena
80. Truly thou canst not cause
The Dead to listen, nor
Canst thou cause the Deaf
To hear the call,
(Especially) when they
Turn back in retreat.
81. Wama anta bihadee alAAumyi AAan dalalatihim in tusmiAAu illa man yu/minu bi-ayatina fahum muslimoona
81. Nor canst thou be a guide
To the Blind, (to prevent them)
From straying: only those
Wilt thou get to listen
Who believe in Our Signs,
And they will bow in Islam.
82. Wa-itha waqaAAa alqawlu AAalayhim akhrajna lahum dabbatan mina al-ardi tukallimuhum anna alnnasa kanoo bi-ayatina la yooqinoona
82. And when the Word is
Fulfilled against them (the unjust),
We shall produce from the earth
A Beast to (face) them:
He will speak to them,
For that mankind did not
Believe with assurance
In Our Signs.