The Holy Quran, tr. by Yusuf Ali, , at sacred-texts.com
160. Kaththabat qawmu lootin almursaleena
160. The people of Lūt rejected'
161. Ith qala lahum akhoohum lootun ala tattaqoona
161. Behold, their brother Lūt
Said to them: "Will ye not
162. Innee lakum rasoolun ameenun
162. "I am to you an apostle
Worthy of all trust.
163. Faittaqoo Allaha waateeAAooni
163. "So fear God and obey me.
164. Wama as-alukum AAalayhi min ajrin in ajriya illa AAala rabbi alAAalameena
164. "No reward do I ask
Of you for it my reward
Is only from the Lord
Of the Worlds.
165. Ata/toona alththukrana mina alAAalameena
165. "Of all the creatures
In the world, will ye
166. Watatharoona ma khalaqa lakum rabbukum min azwajikum bal antum qawmun AAadoona
166. "And leave those whom God
Has created for you
To be your mates?
Nay, ye are a people
Transgressing (all limits)!"
167. Qaloo la-in lam tantahi ya lootu latakoonanna mina almukhrajeena
167. Whey said: "If thou desist not,
O Lūt! thou wilt assuredly
Be cast out!"
168. Qala innee liAAamalikum mina alqaleena
168. He said: "I do detest
169. Rabbi najjinee waahlee mimma yaAAmaloona
169. "O my Lord! deliver me
And my family from
Such things as they do!"
170. Fanajjaynahu waahlahu ajmaAAeena
170. So We delivered him
And his family,—all
171. Illa AAajoozan fee alghabireena
171. Except an old woman
Who lingered behind.
172. Thumma dammarna al-akhareena
172. But the rest We destroyed Utterly.
173. Waamtarna AAalayhim mataran fasaa mataru almunthareena
173. We rained down on them
A shower (of brimstone):
And evil was the shower
On those who were admonished
(But heeded not)!
174. Inna fee thalika laayatan wama kana aktharuhum mu/mineena
174. Verily in this is a Sign
But most of them
Do not believe.
175. Wa-inna rabbaka lahuwa alAAazeezu alrraheemu
175. And verily thy Lord
Is He, the Exalted in Might