The Holy Quran, tr. by Yusuf Ali, , at sacred-texts.com
84. Wayawma nabAAathu min kulli ommatin shaheedan thumma la yu/thanu lillatheena kafaroo wala hum yustaAAtaboona
84. One Day We shall raise
From all Peoples a Witness:
Then will no excuse be accepted
From Unbelievers, nor will they
Receive any favours.
85. Wa-itha raa allatheena thalamoo alAAathaba fala yukhaffafu AAanhum wala hum yuntharoona
85. When the wrong-doers
(Actually) see the Penalty,
Then will it in no way
Be mitigated, nor will they
Then receive respite.
86. Wa-itha raa allatheena ashrakoo shurakaahum qaloo rabbana haola-i shurakaona allatheena kunna nadAAoo min doonika faalqaw ilayhimu alqawla innakum lakathiboona
86. When those who gave partners
To God will see their "partners",
They will say: "Our Lord!
These are our "partners," those
Whom we used to invoke
Besides Thee." But they will
Throw back their word at them
(And say): "Indeed ye are liars!"
87. Waalqaw ila Allahi yawma-ithin alssalama wadalla AAanhum ma kanoo yaftaroona
87. That day shall they (openly) show
(Their) submission to God; and all
Their inventions shall leave
Them in the lurch.
88. Allatheena kafaroo wasaddoo AAan sabeeli Allahi zidnahum AAathaban fawqa alAAathabi bima kanoo yufsidoona
88. Those who reject God
And hinder (men) from the Path
Of God—for them
Will We add Penalty
To Penalty; for that they
Used to spread mischief.
89. Wayawma nabAAathu fee kulli ommatin shaheedan AAalayhim min anfusihim waji/na bika shaheedan AAala haola-i wanazzalna AAalayka alkitaba tibyanan likulli shay-in wahudan warahmatan wabushra lilmuslimeena
89. One day We shall raise
From all Peoples a witness
Against them, from amongst themselves:
And We shall bring thee
As a witness against these
(Thy people): and We have sent down
To thee the Book explaining
All things, a Guide, a Mercy,
And Glad Tidings to Muslims.