The Holy Quran, tr. by Yusuf Ali, , at sacred-texts.com
60. Innama alssadaqatu lilfuqara-i waalmasakeeni waalAAamileena AAalayha waalmu-allafati quloobuhum wafee alrriqabi waalgharimeena wafee sabeeli Allahi waibni alssabeeli fareedatan mina Allahi waAllahu AAaleemun hakeemun
60. Alms are for the poor
And the needy, and those
Employed to administer the (funds);
For those whose hearts
Have been (recently) reconciled
(To Truth); for those in bondage
And in debt; in the cause
Of God; and for the wayfarer:
(Thus is it) ordained by God,
And God is full of knowledge
61. Waminhumu allatheena yu/thoona alnnabiyya wayaqooloona huwa othunun qul othunu khayrin lakum yu/minu biAllahi wayu/minu lilmu/mineena warahmatun lillatheena amanoo minkum waallatheena yu/thoona rasoola Allahi lahum AAathabun aleemun
61. Among them are men
Who molest the Prophet
And say, "He is (all) ear."
Say, "He listens to what is
Best for you: he believes
In God, has faith
In the Believers, and is a Mercy
To those of you who believe."
But those who molest the Apostle
Will have a grievous penalty.
62. Yahlifoona biAllahi lakum liyurdookum waAllahu warasooluhu ahaqqu an yurdoohu in kanoo mu/mineena
62. To you they swear by God.
In order to please you:
But it is more fitting
That they should please
God and His Apostle,
If they are Believers.
63. Alam yaAAlamoo annahu man yuhadidi Allaha warasoolahu faanna lahu nara jahannama khalidan feeha thalika alkhizyu alAAatheemu
63. Know they not that for those
Who oppose God and His Apostle,
Is the Fire of Hell?—
Wherein they shall dwell.
That is the supreme disgrace.
64. Yahtharu almunafiqoona an tunazzala AAalayhim sooratun tunabbi-ohum bima fee quloobihim quli istahzi-oo inna Allaha mukhrijun ma tahtharoona
64. The Hypocrites are afraid
Lest a Sūra should be sent down
About them, showing them what
Is (really passing) in their hearts.
Say: "Mock ye! But verily
God will bring to light all
That ye fear (should be revealed).
65. Wala-in saaltahum layaqoolunna innama kunna nakhoodu wanalAAabu qul abiAllahi waayatihi warasoolihi kuntum tastahzi-oona
65. If thou dost question them,
They declare (with emphasis):
"We were only talking idly
And in play." Say: "Was it
At God, and His Signs,
And His Apostle, that ye
66. La taAAtathiroo qad kafartum baAAda eemanikum in naAAfu AAan ta-ifatin minkum nuAAaththib ta-ifatan bi-annahum kanoo mujrimeena
66. Make ye no excuses:
Ye have rejected Faith
After ye had accepted it.
If We pardon some of you,
We will punish others amongst you,
For that they are in sin.