Al-Husayn (PUH) The Dead Man of The Tear
The Death of Imam Al-Husayn (PUH)
That was broadcasted from the Iraq Radio Station
at the day of Ashurah since 1379 A.H.
The pious scholar, the preacher of Karbala
Sheik, `Abdul-Zahrá' Al-Ka`bee (MMAUH)
Dár Al-Ðakhá'ir for publishing
A picture of the great scholar, the preacher, the freedom fighter "the sad voice of the Household"
The dearly missed, the pilgrim, Sheikh `Abdul-Zahrá' Al-Ka`bee (MMAUH)
* He used to sleep in one night and day, for 4 hours or 5, and that was because he was cautious to use the maximum of his life in the field of goodness.
* He was a good poet (but didn't compose much) in Arabic and in the Iraqi dialect, and he used to say what he made of poetry on the Husaynid pulpit and the listener would not recognize if this poetry was made by him or by some great poets at that time who used to say the poetry about the battle of Karbala in Arabic and the Iraqi dialect.
* He used to give most of what comes of gifts to the pulpit to the poor people in secret, and keeps the little left for himself for his life needs.
* He involved himself in an effective manner to prepare for islamic projects in all the fields, and also in establishing them, and pushing them to be continuous, so much that you wouldn't find a single islamic project in the holy city of Karbala that he didn't have any part in it.
* He took care of the young preachers until they become by time - and under the visual training and the practical work - great preachers that will call back to Allah the Exalted and the rightful path, and this is for him to help in the continuation of his preaching pupils. In recent times, Iraq, Iran and the gulf have many preachers that were took care of by him.
* He was humble to the bone, and especially to Sádah [Sádah: plural of Sayid, or Sayed. A title usually used to denote a descendant of the prophet. However, in literature it is used for other meanings], thus he used not to walk in front of a Sayid however young he might be, or humble in his social status.
* He was "Husaynid" to the bone, meaning that he was sincere about everything that is related to imam Al-Husayn (PUH). His joining to the funeral sets that was held by the people of Towaireej at the afternoon of the 10th day of Moharram in every year is a clue for this sincerity, although he was so tired at that time for working day and night in the funerals (of Al-Husayn).
* In every morning of Ashurah (the 10th day of Moharram) he used to read the story of the first part of the Husaynid Death in heart of the holy city of Karbala, which is considered a historical document for everything that happened with imam Al-Husayn and his Household and his companions and their patriotic martyrdom in the field of the battle by the hands of the ummayads. All the crowds, visiting or living there, used to gather in the markets and the streets in thousands just to listen to that story with their cries and weeping, and the radio station of Baghdad and other radio stations used to broadcast that regularly every year, and many recordings of his voice for the first part of the story were distributed all over the lands to be broadcasted at the day of Ashurah, in mosques and husayniyyas [Husayniyya or Husayniyya: A place for preaching and telling the stories of the prophet and his Household and giving lectures].
* Also, the late used to read the second part of the story, and it is what happened to the prisoners from the Household and from the companions after the killing of Al-Husayn at the 20th day of Safar in Al-Husayniyyah Al-Tahrániyyah [meaning: The Tehranic Husayniyya] that was situated in the holy city of Karbala, and the occasion was the passage of 40 days since the martyrdom of the imam. Many radio stations used to broadcast that annually. The attractiveness was close to that of narrating the first part.
* The late used to travel to the Jámi` of Kufa [Jámi`: a mosque but on a large scale] at the night of the 21st of Ramadan every year, and that was to narrate the story of the death of imam `Ali (PUH) [imam `Ali is the father of imam Al-Husayn and the husband of the prophet's daughter, Fatima] for the gathering crowds in that historical mosque, and the occasion is: the imam was praying the morning prayer in the same Jámi` at the day of the 19th of Ramadan when he received a vital hit by the hand of Ibn Moljam Al-Morádi (MADH) which caused him to die on the night of the 21st of Ramadan.
* Thus, the life of our dear late was over, and it is a bright page of directing and hard working on the way of the Household (PUT), who he used to go up the pulpit by their names and try to make himself and his listeners as examples for them. May Allah have mercy upon him when he preached and guided, and may Allah have mercy upon him when he fought (worked) and when he had the patience.