The Grihya Sutras, Part 2 (SBE30), by Hermann Oldenberg, , at sacred-texts.com
1. 1 'May Indra and Agni make you go. May the two Asvins protect you. Brihaspati is your herdsman. May Pûshan drive you back again'
this (verse) he recites over the cows when they go away (to their pasture-grounds), and (the verse), 'May Pûshan go after our cows' (Taitt. Samh. IV, 1, 11, 2).
2. With (the verse), 'These cows that have come hither, free from disease and prolific, may they swim (full of wealth) like rivers; may they pour out (wealth), as (rivers discharge their floods) into the ocean'he looks at the cows, when they are coming back.
3. 3 With (the formula), 'You are a stand at rest; may I (?) become your stand at rest. You are immovable. Do not move from me. May I not move from you, the blessed ones'(he looks at them) when they are standing still.
4. With (the formula), 'I see you full of sap. Full of sap you shall see me'(he looks at them) when they are gone into the stable, and with (the formula), 'May I be prosperous through your thousandfold prospering.'
5. 5 Then having put wood on the fire amid the cows, and having performed the rites down to the Vyâhriti (oblations), he makes oblations of milk with (the verses),
'Blaze brightly, O Gâtavedas, driving destruction away from me. Bring me cattle and maintenance from all quarters of the heaven. Svâhâ!
'May Gâtavedas do no harm to us, to cows and horses, to men and to all that moves. Come hither,
[paragraph continues] Agni, fearlessly; make me attain to welfare! Svâhâ!'
And with (the two verses), 'This is the influx of the waters,' and 'Adoration to thee, the rapid one, the shining one' (Taitt. Samh. IV, 6, 1, 3).
6. Then follow oblations with the verses), 'This, O Varuna' (&c.; see I, 2, 8, 16, down to the end of the Sûtra).
End of the Fifth Patala.
184:1 18, 1 seq. Comp. Sâṅkhâyana III, 9; Gobhila III, 6; Âsvalâyana II, 10.
185:3 The Mantra is very corrupt. I think it ought to be corrected somehow in the following way: samsthâ stha samsthâ vo bhtûyâsam akyutâ stha ma mak kyodhvam mâham bhavatîbhyas kyoshi. Comp. also Dr. Kirste's note.
185:5 In the second verse I propose to change abibhrad into p. 186 abibhyad; comp. Atharva-veda XIX, 65, 1: ava tâm gahi harasâ Gâtavedoऽbibhyad ugroऽ rkishâ divam â roha sûrya. The last words of this verse should be sriyam mâ pratipâdaya, or something similar.