The Grihya Sutras, Part 1 (SBE29), by Hermann Oldenberg, , at sacred-texts.com
1 1. Now (follows) the penance for a student who has broken the vow of chastity.
2. On a new-moon day he shall sacrifice an ass on a cross-road (to the goddess Nirriti).
3. (And) he shall offer a mess of cooked food to Nirriti.
4 4. The Avadâna portions are sacrificed into water (and not into fire).
5 5. The Purodâsa (or sacrificial cake), which belongs to the animal sacrifice, is cooked on the ground (and not in the Kapâlas).
6. (The guilty person) should put on the skin (of the ass),
7. With the tail turned upwards, according to some (teachers).
8. He should through one year go about for alms, proclaiming his deed.
9 9. After that time he sacrifices two Âgya oblations with (the formulas), 'O Lust, I have broken my vow of chastity. I have broken my vow of chastity, O Lust. To Lust svâhâ!''O Lust, I have done evil. I have done evil, O Lust. To Lust svâhâ!'
10 10. He then approaches (the fire) with (the verse), May the Maruts besprinkle me, may Indra, may Brihaspati, may this Agni besprinkle me with offspring and with wealth.'
11. This is the penance.
361:1 12, 1. See the parallel passages quoted by Professor Bühler in his note on Âpastamba I, 26, 8 (S.B.E., II, 85), and besides, Kâtyâyana I, I, 13 seqq.; Gautama XXIII, 17 seqq., &c.
361:4 This Sûtra is identical with Kâtyâyana I, I, 16.
362:5 This Sûtra is identical with Kâtyâyana I, 1, 15.
362:9 Baudhâyana II, 1, 34,
362:10 Baudhâyana II, 1, 35.