Ancilla to the Pre-Socratic Philosophers, by Kathleen Freeman, , at sacred-texts.com
Lycophrôn 'the Sophist': birthplace unknown; lived probably in the first half of the fourth century B.C.
An orator of the school of Gorgias; interested also in metaphysics, political science and politics.
1. Knowledge is an association between the act of knowing and the soul.
2. (He eliminated the verb 'is' in predication).
3. Law is a guarantor of mutual justice.
4. The beauty of high birth is hidden, its dignity merely a matter of words.
5. The varying-featured heaven of the mighty-peaked earth. The narrow-channelled shore. Xerxes, monstrous man. Sciron the ravager.