The Scofield Bible Commentary, by Cyrus Ingerson Scofield, , at sacred-texts.com
Book Introduction - Jude
Writer: Jude, the brother of James (Jde 1:1).
Date: Probably A.D. 66
Theme: It is not so much Jude who speaks, as the constraining Spirit (Jde 1:3) and the theme is, "Contending for the faith" (Luk 18:8),
See Scofield - Luk 18:8) . In this brief letter the apostasy
See Scofield - Th2 2:3) of the professing church is predicted, and the cause and course described. As in Second Timothy and Second Peter the apostasy is treated as having already set in.
The Epistle is in five divisions:
1. Introduction (Jude 1:1-2).
2. Occasion of the Epistle (Jude 1:3-4).
3. Apostasy is possible (Jude 1:5-7).
4. Apostate teachers described (Jude 1:8-19).
5. The saints assured and comforted (Jude 1:20-25).